Saturday, April 24, 2010

Is Hydrocortisone spray dangerous during pregnancy?

I purchased a Hydrocortisone spray for my dog's itchy skin. The warnings state that corticosteroids administered orally or injected to animal during pregnancy in th elast trimester can cause dystocia, fetal death, retained placenta and metritis. it asl says administered to animals can cause cleft palate, deformed forelegs, etc......,


It does not indicate any complications in human pregnancies but I am 15 weeks pregnant. Do you think it's safe to put on my dog and have around me if I am pregnant? What if my husband puts it on him and I don't? There is a toll free number but they are not opned until tomorrow.

Is Hydrocortisone spray dangerous during pregnancy?
It is probably safe if your husband does it AND you try not to touch the dog very much.





http://www.safefetus.com/DrugDetail.asp?...


Topical corticosteroids should not be used exensively, in large amounts, or for protracted periods in pregnant patients or in patients planning to become pregnant.


No comments:

Post a Comment