Saturday, April 24, 2010

Has anyone else had similiar withdrawal symptoms from coming off of Paxil?

I think I am in Hell! I have been off Paxil now for a week. I weaned off slowly over a period of two months from a dose of 40 mg to 30 then 20, and finally 20 every two days. Now i have been off of it for a week now and am completely miserable-ugh! I feel physically sick...vomiting, stomach aches, sweating all the time, itchy skin, headaches and the wierdest symptom is that when i am watching tv or move my head around quickly-I feel like i get an electric zap in my head. What is this? Any advice for me? How to cope? Going back on Paxil is not an option for me! Thank you!

Has anyone else had similiar withdrawal symptoms from coming off of Paxil?
The brain zaps and very strange vivid dreams are about the only symptoms I've encountered Your symptoms sound a lot like cymbalta withdrawal too. Perhaps this is common to all anti-depressants. Ask your doctor what may be prescribed for relief. I understand that Serequil helps.
Reply:you are definitely in withdrawl. I felt like that when I withdrew from it as well. The zaps and symptoms are freaky but it will eventually get better. You just have to ride it out. If it seriously unbearable see if you can get on something "as needed" such as Klonopin or Valium.


Otherwise keep yourself as busy as possible with hobbies and exercise to distract you from getting all caught up with withdrawl.

yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment